RING: 02060 E-POST: 02060@nettavisen.no
Ønsker du å sende video eller andre dokumenter? Benytt 02060@nettavisen.no
Kontakt oss

Norwegians may be among the dead

Two or three Norwegian citizens may have been killed in the suicide attacks in Arbil in northern Iraq Sunday.

However, the Norwegian news bureau did not get the information confirmed by the Norwegian Department of Foreign Affairs early Monday morning.

At least 56 people were killed in the suicide attacks, and Burhan Habib, the representative for the Kurd government in Stockholm said to the paper Dagbladet that at least two Norwegian citizens are among the killed.

“The messages we have received indicates that two or three Norwegian citizens are among the dead,” Habib said. “This is unconfirmed messages for the time being, and I have not been informed of the identity of the dead.”

The Norwegian Foreign Affairs Department cannot confirm whether or not Norwegians are among the dead in these attacks.

“We have not received any information,” said Eirik Bergesen, information advisor to the Norwegian news bureau early Monday morning.

The Swedish citizen Shakhawan Abbas was killed in the suicide attacks. Abbas has had several posts in the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) and had been elected to the Kurd self-government assembly, according to the Swedish paper Dagens Nyheter.

Several Norwegians with Kurd decent are currently in the Kurd areas in northern Iraq.

Mest sett siste uken

Lik Nettavisen her og få flere ferske nyheter og friske meninger!

Våre bloggere