New murder suspect arrested
This is the man, said a police source to the Swedish paper Expressen.
The investigation team sat in a meeting this afternoon and discussed the case. The district attorneys Agneta Blidberg and Krister Petersson have concluded that the 35-year-old no longer is a suspect in the case. He was released Wednesday.
There is no longer any suspicion connected to this person, informed the police at a press conference at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
The decision was reached after the police received evidence which prove the 35-year-olds innocence.
The focus was immediately moved to another suspect who has been thoroughly investigated during the last couple of days. The man was arrested in the Stockholms area Wednesday afternoon.
He is most likely identical to the murderer. We have a breakthrough in the investigation, said a police source to Expressen.
During the last couple of days the new suspect has been the subject of an undercover police operation.
We have followed him every single minute during the last couple of days, said a police source. There exists solid evidence against the man, according to Expressen.
The 35-year-old was arrested Tuesday last week. He was incarcerated for a week for the murder of Anna Lindh, the Swedish foreign minister. During questioning the man repeatedly claimed his innocence, and the evidence against him remained weak.
The polices main theory was initially that the 35-year-old was identical with the man who was filmed by the surveillance cameras at the mall NK.
However, the 35-year-old may not be released from Kronobergshäktet in Stockholm just yet because during the intensive hunt for evidence against him, the police uncovered another severe crime the man is suspected to be involved in.
Lik Nettavisen her og få flere ferske nyheter og friske meninger!