No changes in SAS' flights to Turkey
The Scandinavian airline is continuing its flights to the area in spite the fact that British and American authorities fear new actions.
«Our safety department is continuously evaluating the situation, and we are in contact with the Scandinavian authorities,» said Siv Meisingseth, spokeswoman in SAS, to TV 2 Nettavisen. «The flights will run as normal.»
British authorities issued a warning Thursday night suggesting that the authorities have information which may indicate that more terror actions may be planned.
According to information provided TV 2 Nettavisen, the Norwegian Department of Foreign Affairs will issue a warning sometime during Friday where the department asks Norwegian citizens consider their need to travel to the area.
SAS has a departure from Copenhagen to Istanbul Friday afternoon, and a flight from Stockholm to Istanbul on Sunday.
«If a travel advisory is issued from Norwegian or Scandinavian authorities, we will of course take that into account,» Meisingseth said.
It is Snowflake, SAS low priced company, which offers flights to Turkey.
Stay out of the big cities
The British Foreign Affairs Department urges its citizens to stay out of the biggest Turkish cities during the next couple of days.
American authorities have also issued a warning, but the statement is more general in its nature.
Four bombs have gone off in Turkey during the last week and more than 50 people have been killed.
Lik Nettavisen her og få flere ferske nyheter og friske meninger!