The 32-year-old who was wanted after the murder of the Swedish Foreign Minster was arrested, questioned and then released Friday morning. The police are now without suspects.
A 32-year-old who had an earlier conviction of violence and who fitted the description was questioned last night and is now ruled out as a suspect, said Bjørn Pihlblad, press officer, to TV 2 Nettavisen.
The man arrested and questioned Thursday night was a suspect because his fingerprints were found on the crime scene at NK, the mall in down town Stockholm.
The Swedish police are still looking for people with the same description as earlier; a person in his 30s who looks Swedish with long, dark hair, approximately 180 cm tall, stout and with a worn face.
Witnesses at the mall said the man was wearing a grey or beige hooded sweater. He was also wearing a hat or caps.
The 32-year-old is the second person arrested and question in this case. Around 10 p.m. Thursday night, a man was arrested in down town Stockholm. This person matched the description and behaved very aggressively. The man had nothing to do with the murder.
We have not gotten so far in our investigation that we have found the suspect. We have several other people we want to talk to, and we are looking for possible violators in different environments, said Bjørn Pihlblad, press officer at the Stockholm police district to TV 2 Nettavisen.
The police informed that they have found several leads on the scene of the crime, but they do not want to release that information to the public. The police found the knife they believe was used as a murder weapon Thursday night.
We will continue to check possible violators and go through the material today, and we will make a profile of the man to come closer to the man, added Pihlblad.
Nettavisen ønsker en åpen og levende debatt.
Her kan du enkelt bidra med din mening.